Is WordPress a Good CMS for Your Website?
While WordPress originally started out as a blogging platform, it has been well adapted over the years to allow users to create fully functional websites for any business in any industry, making it the extremely versatile content management system (CMS) that it is today.
As web design and development experts, we understand how important it is to select the best content management system for your website. That is why we have put together some helpful information to help you decide if WordPress is a good CMS for your website, so that you can make the best possible decision for your business needs.
Why Choose WordPress for Your Website?
As a CMS, WordPress offers a range of different benefits and options that make it one of the easiest platforms for any user to navigate and master. Some of the reasons that you should consider using WordPress as your website’s CMS include:
Built-in SEO Options
One of the most crucial steps in attracting new users to your website is ensuring that your website is properly optimized for search engines. Since Google and other search engines have predefined parameters that are used to help rank websites, it is important to choose a CMS that handles those parameters effectively, such as WordPress.
WordPress can provide you with a SEO advantage by making it easy to optimize crucial elements on your website pages. Some of the built-in SEO options available with WordPress are:
- Precise HTML markup—WordPress comes with HTML markup, which is designed to make it easier for search engines to understand the layout and content on your website.
- Efficient content creation—Since updating your website with new content on a regular basis is one of the best ways to present your website to search engines, WordPress provides a user-friendly platform for content creators.
- Optimized permalinks—WordPress makes it easy to customize a page’s or a blog article’s permalink, so that you can ensure they are easy to read and contain proper keywords.
- Optimized images—WordPress comes with a built-in editor that allows you to optimize images with alt tags, descriptions, captions, and more.
- Self-generating XML sitemaps—WordPress comes with a plugin that will automatically create complex XML sitemaps and notify search engines when new content is posted, so that search engines can easily understand the structure of a website.
Thanks to WordPress’ simple user interface, easy-to-understand options, and range of available functionalities on its dashboard, all WordPress website’s can be easily customized and used by anyone, even people who have zero coding knowledge. WordPress also comes with a selection of themes, plugins, and tools that can help you create and maintain a beautiful, dynamic website.
Optimized for Mobile Users
Since more and more users favour visiting websites on handheld devices rather than on a desktop, it is extremely important to ensure that your website provides a mobile-friendly experience, especially since Google prioritizes mobile experience in their ranking criteria. Responsive WordPress themes and built-in WordPress functionality are specifically designed to ensure that your website will function properly on all screen sizes. This means that both users and search engines will be able to access your website on all devices, which will lead to a greater user experience for everyone.
WordPress maintains a high level of security by regularly releasing security updates to protect your website from any vulnerabilities. By regularly updating your website to use the latest security features, you can greatly minimize common security risks, such as malware and being hacked.
Integrates with Other Software Tools
Since the majority of websites are built with a specific goal in mind—showcasing work, generating new leads, providing information to users, etc.—it is important to choose a CMS platform that makes it easy to integrate other applications into the website, such as social media platforms, email marketing tools, and analytics. In most cases, WordPress will be able to easily integrate with all of the tools you need to market your business effectively.
WordPress is a user-friendly content management system that makes it easy for people from all backgrounds to update and maintain their websites. To learn more about whether or not WordPress is a good CMS for your website, get in touch with the web design and development experts today.