Web Design Services
+Get better leads and clients.
+Reach the top of search engine results pages.
+Grow your company with commerce solutions.
Generating Results with Web Page Design & DevelopmentReap the rewards of partnering with professional web designers.
We’re not rookies.
And we’re just getting started.
And we’re all friendly!
Choosing to completely revamp your current website or to start from scratch by having a brand-new website created by professional web designers and developers can often seem overwhelming. But what if it didn’t? What if you were able to work with a team of dedicated web designers and developers who would go above and beyond to not only meet your current company needs but also plan ahead for your future advertising goals? What if the process for completing your project was broken down into much more manageable sections, minimizing the stress levels that are often associated with managing a large project?
Welcome to FirstPage Marketing. The online agency that strives to make designing a website—from the initial strategy and frameworks to graphic design and content to development, animation, and search engine optimization (SEO)—as simple and as fun as possible. But why stop there? In addition to our design and development services for websites, we also offer a range of strategy solutions—eCommerce, hosting, CMS updates, SEO, SEM, content writing, graphic design, print design, and advertising—that can be tailored to meet your business needs.
Get in touch with our team today to learn more about how we can help you select the right online tools and features for your company.
Website Design & Development StrategyCustom web developers adding value to your sales process.
Reach new customers.
Mobile-responsive websites can easily adapt to different screens and devices, making it easier for clients to review your services and eCommerce products.
Engage with clients.
Provide viewers across Canada and other target areas with real-time access to your sales team for improved customer service.
Easily update your website.
Easily update your website’s pages, including your digital portfolio, with a content management system (CMS).
Track your website’s performance
Gain access to detailed reports about SEO and SEM with Google Analytics integration.
Sell your products and services.
Your website’s design will create a seamless customer sales funnel, while remaining uncluttered and on brand.
Understand your customers.
We use the latest technology to track users on your website to determine where your clients are coming from.
Online Tools & eCommerce IntegrationSell your products online, using platforms you already love.
Whether you are only targeting niche clients in your area or are wanting to reach out to clients across Canada and throughout the world, we’ve got you covered. Our team of expert developers can integrate easy-to-use CMS and eCommerce solutions—Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.—onto your website, allowing you to not only sell your products online but also compete with the top brands in your industry.
Yes! These are real people, ready to help with your web design needs.
Website Designs & Domain ServicesResponsive design for search engine optimization.
for Wrap Guys
for Keystone Architecture
for Eagle West Cranes
for InStyle Floor Wraps
for Jovak Landscape & Design
for Inner Good
for Just Mulch
Find Out What Makes the Process Our Website Designers Use Unique.Testimonials and reviews
For over 20 years, we have been privileged to work with some great clients and companies throughout BC, Canada, and the world. Our projects have ranged from graphic design and print advertising to content writing and SEO to full custom built designs and development solutions. Find out what our clients, past and current, have to say about our services by reading their reviews and testimonials.
The team at FirstPage Marketing has been excellent to deal with and have provided reliable account management from day one. Inner Good was well supported on many topics from eCommerce strategy, customer experience, SEO and Adwords. We continue to rely on them as a business and marketing resource and we highly recommend their team for other start-up online retailers.
Cofounder + CMO
on your expectations.
on your expectations.
In-person meetings with our team.
Let’s meet to talk about your upcoming project.
Proven design and development process.
Our mission control makes it a priority to launch websites as efficiently as possible.
No Hidden Fees!
Our quoting process lets you know ahead of time exactly what you can expect from our team.
No contracts or retainers!
That’s right. No monthly retainer on any of our services. High five!
No Hidden Fees!
Our quoting process lets you know ahead of time exactly what you can expect from our team, no matter the scope of your project.
Never held hostage!
You own your site. After we have finished building it, you get the “keys”—now that is total control!
What does a web designer do?
A web designer works to create a customized website design that not only looks good but also works perfectly for your business or project. By utilizing design programs, a website designer can create visual elements and the overall layout for a website that are both aesthetically pleasing and in line with the business' brand, giving your customers a seamless user experience.
What are the 5 golden rules of web design?
When designing a website, a good web designer will follow specific rules and guidelines to help create a site that not only looks great but is also extremely functional. The five golden rules of web design are:
- Focus on the message each page is trying to convey by only using visual elements that help reaffirm that message.
- Keep the layout neat and focus on providing an easy-to-read, balanced flow of information.
- Choose 1 or 2 user-friendly fonts and use them throughout the site to create continuity.
- Avoid using too many animated elements on a page because they can quickly become distracting and detract from the information the page is trying to convey.
- Make the website as easy to navigate as possible so users can quickly find the information they are looking for.
How much does it cost to design a website?
The overall cost of designing a website will vary greatly depending on the type of website, the size of the website, and how complex the overall design is. Speaking with a reputable web design agency to get a custom quote for your website can provide you with insights into what can be achieved within your set budget.
What are the 7 phases of web design?
From creating the initial plan to completing the launching process, there are many steps that go into designing a website. In most cases, the web design process follows 7 different phases from start to completion.
- Gather information—During this phase, the web designer will determine the purpose of the website, the business' main goals, and the target audience the website should be appealing to.
- Planning—Based on the information that was gathered in phase 1, the web designer will put together a sitemap outlining the pages that will appear on the website, as well as wireframes which will show a basic visual representation of how the pages will be laid out.
- Design—During the design phase, page layouts will be created and filled with visual content including colours, placeholder text, and placeholder images to demonstrate the basic functionality of the site and to provide you with a good idea of what the finished product will look like.
- Content writing and population—The content writing phase involves writing catchy headlines, writing blocks of text for each of the pages, and proofreading. This work is normally done by a content writer; however, you can choose to write the content yourself. Once the content has your approval, it will be populated onto the new website.
- Development—While the content is being written for the site, the development of the website should also be underway. The graphic elements that were designed during phase 3 will be used as a template for developing the actual website.
- Review, test, and launch—Once the website has been fully populated with content and images, it will be thoroughly reviewed and tested to ensure that everything is functioning properly. The web design team will also ask you to review the website to make sure you are satisfied with the final results. With your approval, the site will be launched.
- Maintenance and regular updates—It is extremely important to properly maintain your website over time. If you are unsure about maintaining and updating the site yourself, your website design team can help.
Web Design & DevelopmentWhy is design & development important?
The overall design and functionality of a site can either make or break a company—don’t worry, we can handle the pressure—making proper web development and designs essential for targeting and turning users into actual paying clients. By using web design that features an impressive user interface (something completely drool-worthy), we can ensure that your site is optimized for higher conversion rates backed by better business and revenue.
Optimized User ExperienceHelping you beat out the competition.
Providing visitors with a clear road map for navigating through your site can help improve a user’s experience (UX) online. Without a flawless map, visitors could end up taking a wrong turn on their way to finding your contact information, ending up with the dreaded 404 error with no idea how to get back the way they came. The only thing worse than having users get lost on your site is users getting frustrated and leaving before purchasing anything or contacting you, resulting in lost revenue—we know, it’s like something straight out of a horror movie.
Don’t worry. We can help you create the right design for user experience by finding the perfect balance between your business’ needs and the users’ needs. By combining well-thought-out design with user functionality, we allow users to spend less effort and time finding exactly what they need online, resulting in better UX—which means happier clients and better reviews of your company.
Web Design & Digital Marketing FAQInteresting Tidbits.
We get it. How to advertise your company online can be a confusing topic, especially if you have no idea where to start. That is why our dedicated team members are always willing to spend the time it takes to answer any questions our clients might have about anything related to websites, online strategies, CMS, domain names, secure online payments, social media tools, portfolio integration, hosting, search engine optimization, etc.
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions we can help our clients answer:
- How do I know when I need a new website?
- How much do websites cost?
- How long does it take to design and develop a site?
- Do you offer custom built websites?
- What type of website is right for my company?
- How do I know what webpages I need on my site?
- Can I update my site over time?
- Can I see the progress as it is being designed and developed?
- Will I be able to make changes to the website after it is completed?
- Are your websites mobile friendly?
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you select the right tools and features for your company.
Get a Custom Website StrategyWebsites optimized for increasing conversion rates.
Strategically placing calls-to-action throughout a website will help increase the odds of users subscribing, requesting a quote, sharing, or buying a product on your eCommerce system—after all, who can resist big shiny buttons? Whether you are offering buy-one-get-one free on a certain product or are thinking about advertising a new service, we can help you create a well-thought-out design strategy that uses calls-to-action to increase conversion rates in a way that appears natural, exciting, and in keeping with the business’ identity.
Optimized Online EngagementIncreasing online engagement with smart design choices.
Whether you have a large eCommerce website for your business or a small website backed by a popular CMS platform, we can help encourage visitors to spend more time on your website by using creative visual elements to draw in the eye.
Relax. It’s not as complicated as it sounds. Our team of web designers will work closely with you every step of the way to ensure that your website will not only be optimized to reach the top of the search engine results but also to ensure that your website suits the needs of your unique clients.
How is online engagement improved through SEO and web design?
Having a strategy in place for ensuring your website is properly optimized for SEO by incorporating specific design elements can help your business increase visitor engagement online, while also building better trust for your brand. Some of the elements that can be incorporated into your website to help increase online engagement include:
- Using strong keyword-rich content
- Utilizing animation and rich media
- Strategically placing riveting calls-to-action
- Writing monthly blog articles
- Integrating the right social media platforms
- Using SEO headlines
- Integrating a portfolio of past projects
- Incorporating social proof like testimonials and reviews
- Implementing strong advertising campaigns for products and services
Why get SEO and digital marketing for your new website?
While your brand-new website will look great and function beautifully, that doesn’t mean that your website will automatically rocket to the top of search engine results. Utilizing comprehensive strategies will ensure that your website is properly optimized to appear on the first page of Google. It’s a lot of hard work and a lot of sweat equity, but it’s nothing that our professional team can’t handle.